Demand-side management involves reducing electricity use through activities or programs that promote electric energy efficiency or conservation, or more efficient management of electric energy loads. These efforts may:
- Promote high efficiency building practices
- Promote the purchase of energy-efficient ENERGY STAR® products
- Encourage the transition from incandescent lighting to more efficient lighting technologies
- Encourage customers to shift non-critical usage of electricity from high-use periods to after 7 p.m. or before 11 a.m.
- Consist of programs providing limited utility control of customer equipment such as air conditioners
- Promote energy awareness and education
To improve the analysis, planning and delivery of demand-side management resources, the Company completes a systemwide study to identify the potential of demand-side management resources and their related costs over a 20 year horizon. The study is designed to assist with the planning and modeling efforts of our Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) and as a result is generally updated every two to three years for relevancy. Links to the study and related documents are below.
2017 study documents
Class 2 DSM Decrement Study
Programs for Customers
For more information on demand-side management programs, please visit our customer websites: