The Apprentice Lineman is an employee who is in training to become a Journeyman Lineman. As a Pre-Apprentice Lineman, you will assist the Journeyman Lineman to construct, maintain and repair company power, transmission, and distribution lines, both overhead and underground while utilizing line trucks, aerial boom, lifts and wire pulling equipment.
- An Apprentice Lineman will train for a Journeyman Lineman position through on-the-job training and textbook training.
- Ability to lift in excess of 75 pounds with both hands, and pushing and pulling in excess of 100 pounds of exertion and force.
- Job duties often require sustained awkward positions/postures including bending and twisting at the waist and neck; reaching forward, to the side, across the body and overhead. Additional requirements of the position include forceful grip and pinch; manipulation of small objects; balancing on one or both legs during dynamic activities; manipulation of large objects during activities requiring balance and sustained awkward postures.
- As an apprentice you may be required to work anywhere in our service area (northern California, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Idaho and Wyoming) while you obtain training in various areas of the field.
- This job requires working in inclement weather.
- A Pre-Apprentice, Apprentice Lineman, and Journeyman Lineman must be willing and available to respond to “after hours” emergencies and work when called upon. This is not optional, it is required.
- Must be courteous and efficient when working with members of the public.
The strongest candidates will have:
- Basic understanding of electrical distribution systems, electrical theory and mechanical principles
- Strong computer skills
- Strong math skills
It is PacifiCorp's policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
Search and apply for available positions.