The Ashton Plant is located on the Henry’s Fork of the Snake River, approximately 2.5 miles west of Ashton, Idaho. Construction on the project began in 1914 and completed in 1918. It was later purchased and expanded in 1925 by Utah Power & Light Co. (a predecessor company of Rocky Mountain Power).
The project consists of a dam and powerhouse with three generating units. The dam is a rock and earth filled structure, 60 feet tall and 226 feet long, with a 70-foot-wide concrete intake and 82-foot-long spillway. Unit No. 1 is rated at 2.85 megawatts. Units No. 2 and No. 3 are each rated at 2.5 megawatts.
Ashton Hydroelectric Project Administration Office
822 Grace Power Plant Rd
Grace, ID 83241